New Faces!

The Shortwave Oscilloclast 2.0

In all the excitement of the Museum exhibit, I’ve neglected to keep our readers current on the latest modifications to my devices. Some of them I actually completed some months ago, but I’ve simply not gotten around to posting photos. Some of them are “merely” cosmetic (although I think a finely made mystical device has it’s own kind of power), but most importantly I finished the modifications to the Shortwave Oscilloclast, turning it into an analysis device as well as it’s historical function as a treatment system.

The modifications are the final result of the upgrade process I described previously here.

Under the hood of the SWO 2.0

Analyzing the original Diagnostic Set of Abrams (notice: the writer at that link doesn’t think much of Abrams and his theories) I added the functions of the Dynamizer (the forerunner of the witness well) and the Reflexophone (which, when used with either a percussive mallet or a glass rod, was the forerunner of the stick pad.) These two platforms are inserted into the SWO circuitry at the same points as the Diagnostic Set of the original Oscilloclast. The Dynamizer is situated before the tuning buttons, and the Reflexophone after. Also, as I described in the previous post, I installed a 100 ohm potentiometer in-line with the resistance selection buttons. Now I can tune to specific Rates, instead of being fixed by the 100 ohm increments of the selector switches.

Update: I just thought, I should describe some of the things I fabricated in the making of the 2.0 upgrade! I labeled the additional sample well and stick pad as “Dynamizer” and “Reflexophone” in tribute to Dr. Abrams’ original equipment.

The “Dynamizer” is an heavy brass plate on top of layered balsa wood and copper foil, to creatre an orgone accumulator platform. A bifilar coil of 8 x 2 turns is the bottom layer. Functionally, it’s a flat witness well. I may eventually replace it with a proper glass well and coil, similar to the one I built for the Reflexophone 2.0, since that one turned out pretty well.

The “Reflexophone” pad is my standard design of a bifilar coil under a bakelite touch surface. A layer of vinyl plastic holds the coil in place, which sits atop a brass plate. Both pads are mounted on 4.5″ wooden disks, with the wires passing through the top of the new panel.

So now I can use the machine to scan radionically with witness samples. In effect, the push button rate switches are the “coarse” tuning, and the new potetiometer dial is, as it’s label suggests, the Fine Tuning control. Much like the Hieronymus Machine, a subject can be scanned for aetheric imbalances, then the broadcasting circuit is activated to effect rebalancing.

The telescoping antennas are connected in parallel with the electrode output jacks.

However, I’ve just been too damn busy to put it to comprehensive tests! When I do, I’ll provide an update.

New look for the DX-6

In the realm of cosmetic upgrades, I’ve added some “steampunk” touches to the Six Dial Device (which I’ve dubbed the “DX-6 Radionic Transceiver”.) I attached round silver spheres to the toggle switches (simple silver-plated beads, held in place with adhesive), and adorned the tops of the dials with some “gear” buttons I found at the Nova Albion convention. The DX-6 has turned out to be a very useful device, and I’ve found some 6-Dial “Rate Books” by searching the Net to use with it. Oh, I also replaced the lid hook with a much nicer trunk closure. I may go back and insert some load resistors on the indicator lamps, so they don’t glow quite so brightly. (They are really bright!)

So if I do the Museum of Oddities next year, I’ll probably bring the DX-6 along.

Finally, I added some new artistic touches to the Steampunk Hieronymus Machine. I replaced the bakelite toggle switches with brass (originally made for classic Gibson guitar switches) and added half-domes of Czech glass to the tops of the brass binding posts. My wife complained that she could never be sure which post was the “positive” connection, so the red and black colors of the glass tops make it easy to tell.

Now, it’s back to the workbench – I’ve got a De La Warr 9-Dial reproduction to work on! And a couple of folks have commissioned me to build devices for them – more on that as information becomes avaialble – stay tuned!

About josephmax

Aetheric Artist
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s